Our Mission and History
Read about our history, purpose, and efforts in advocacy, education, and support.
Read about our book, Speaking Out: The
Gifts of Ministering Undeterred by Disabilities, published in 2012.
If you are interested in participating in a future edition or second volume, contact us here.
Bibliography of disability articles and books that include theological aspects
ATS Policy Guidelines on Disability and Theological Education ;
the guidelines are on page C9 (page 37 of 164 in the Mozilla reader)
Robert C. Anderson, "Infusing the Graduate Theological Curriculum with Education about Disability"
Theological Education 39 (1, 2003): 131-153
(starts on page 136 of 180 in the Mozilla reader)
United Methodist Policy
The Christian as Minister, eighth edition (2013)
The guidebook for United Methodists pursuing ordination is available in electronic format,
courtesy of the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry.
Candidates with visual or motor disabilities may request a screen-reader format version from GBHEM.
The Book of Discipline and Disability
Where we've been
- Letter to the Commission on a Way Forward, June 2017
- Petitions to 2016 General Conference
- Actions about "mental health" changes to CPP, December 2014
- "Full participants: pastors with disabilities share struggles, hopes in ministry"
Bill Fentum for United Methodist Reporter, October 30, 2009
- Disability Concerns Resolutions, January 2004
- General Letter to Members, September 2003
- Goodbye to a Giant: Who Else Will Help?, March 14, 2003
- Some Ideas for the New Year, January 2003
- General Letter to Members, Pentecost 2003
- Theological Statement, October 1994
- General Meeting and hymn "Celebrate Challenge", October 1990